Therapeutic Massage in Blanchester
Stressed, tense muscles, injured soft tissue: through the art of massage therapy, it’s possible to lessen and even completely erase the pain caused by injuries or medical conditions. By going to a massage therapist in the Blanchester area, you may be able to cut back on or stop your medication regimen and maybe even cancel that surgery you were thinking of getting.
What Is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy targets both the soft tissue and the muscles to alleviate tension, pressure, and pain. This practice is best-known as being a form of Chinese medicine, but massage therapy has been practiced in Egypt, India, and Japan for generations.
There are several types of massages you may receive under this therapy. These include:
- Aromatherapy, where essential oils are utilized in conjunction with massages.
- Myofascial trigger point therapy, which treats bodily trigger points. These trigger points are not only uncomfortable on their own, but they can also spread pain, so it’s important to treat them.
- Sports massage therapy, which treats an athlete’s tension and muscle pressure.
- Swedish massage therapy, which encompasses such handheld techniques as tapping, vibration, and kneading.
What Does It Treat?
There are plenty of conditions in which pain may be treated or lessened by massage therapy. These are:
- Asthma, especially in children
- Diabetes, in which glucose levels may drop
- Autism, especially in children
- Anxiety and depression
- Sports injuries
- Pregnancy pain
- Chronic neck pain
- Chronic back pain
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy treatment has been chosen for many conditions and injuries. One of the benefits of this treatment is that it is holistic, meaning it’s all-natural. There are no drugs and no surgery. The masseuse will either rely on their hands or specialized devices.
Massage therapy can be customized to you. You can choose which type of massage works best for your pain. You can also try this treatment with chiropractic care, physical therapy, and acupuncture for even better results. Lastly, massage therapy is quite low-risk compared to other treatments, with practically no side effects.
Looking for Therapeutic Massage? Come to Health Quest, Your Blanchester Massage Therapist
If you’re interested in therapeutic massage or other areas of massage therapy, come see our Blanchester massage therapist at Health Quest. We also encourage those in Hillsboro, and Fields Ertel to come to us. Our wellness programs, including corporate wellness services, are unmatched. To set up an appointment; you can call us at 866-458-4178 or come to Health Quest on 661 West Main Street.